Of course it was in the standard condition of massive yellowing but also had that brown joint action going on as well. I figured it would make a nice restoration piece. At $15 invested I figured this could be a nice no loss venture. There was no major damage to the figure itself so that would make for an awesome base. It just happened to be that ugly mucussy range of funky white. The hands are ball-jointed rubber so I just popped them out and set them to the side. Those will be an easy sharpie touch-up. I removed the screws and laid everything out on a custom rigged frame to suspend all the parts for painting.
Being the stormtrooper is a black and white figure, it was going to make for a pretty simple project. I just disassembled the figure to its simplest parts and sprayed with a Satin Finish Rustoleum white. While I had it disassembled I went ahead and took the screws along with my dremel and brought those back to life as well and knocked off all the attic/residue rust. They are now gleaming.
And... Faboom!! Bright white and re-assembled. I used photo references from the same auction photos to bring all the details back to their original states. The one liberty I did take was in the breathing vent up top. Instead of painting each individual grate I went ahead and just filled it in. Other than that all the original details were honored. Now I have a very nice shelf piece I've always wanted to own but could never afford. Thank you ebay!!!